Walk in Centres
There are 2 local NHS WALK IN CENTRES for minor injuries and ailments.
One is situated at Newcastle General Hospital and is open from 8 am to 10 pm every day.
The nearest one to the surgery is at:
169 Ponteland Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Telephone (0191) 271 9030
It is open 8:00am— 8:00pm 7 days a week
The other one is the Westgate Walk In Centre next to the General Hospital, which is also open 8:00am— 8:00pm 7 days a week . The number is (0191) 282 3000.
Please note the following conditions CANNOT be assessed in the Westgate Walk-in-Centre:
- Children under the age of 2
- Children under the age of 6 with injuries
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Head injuries with neurological symptoms
- Back, neck, shoulder, hip or rib injuries
- Chemical injuries to the eye