The practice nurses are available by appointment on 0191 2741840. The practice nurses offer:
- General Health Checks
- Immunisations / Travel Advice
- Blood Pressure checks
- Blood & Urine Testing
- Cervical Smears
- Dressings/ Stitch Removal
- Hormone Replacement Therapy reviews
- Contraceptive advice & pill checks
- Review appointments for asthma, chronic bronchitis, diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease
District Nurses, Health Visitors and a Midwife is attached to the GP Surgery to support our patients.
The district nurses offer:
- nursing care and support in the home for housebound patients
- arrangements for nursing cover at weekends and on Bank Holidays
- continence advice and assessment
- palliative care.
The health visitors are Leslie Galloway and Becky Humphreys . They provide support in child and family health.To contact them phone 0191 282 3319.
These no longer run in surgery. Ask your health visitor for information
The midwife provides:
- antenatal care for mothers
- home visiting after delivery
Her contact number is given at the first antenatal appointment.
Other Services At The Practice
By appointment after referral by the doctor:
- Community Mental Health Worker
- Warfarin monitoring
- the Pill
- depot contraceptive injection
- condoms for the under 25’s
If you need emergency contraception please ask the receptionist and you will be seen the same day - alternatively you are able to visit one of the local Walk in Services.